Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Roundup: Should It Kill Poison Ivy?

"(PeteCresswell)" writes:

It's been about five days since I first sprayed some poison ivy with
Roundup - with a touch up application yesterday.

I'm not seeing any signs of distress in the stuff.

OTOH, 3 days on crab grass and the stuff is clearly dead or on the way.

Bottom Line: Should Roundup be effective against poison ivy?

If so, what timeframe?

I tried and tried and got no where with regular Roundup.
I applied it directly on the leaves which showed some distress but the
plant kept on growing.

So, I just checked Home Depot and found Roundup for Poison Ivy.
and Ortho for Poison Ivy. I bought the Ortho brand.
It's a little early to be sure, but I think it's working.

So, I can report regular Roundup doesn't work.
I expect something Poison Ivy specific has a better chance.

--
Dan Espen