Posted to alt.home.repair

Default avoiding lightning

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 18:01:41 -0500, Mayayana
wrote:

| So they recommend the crouch even though it says there is no evidence
it
| helps. And why isn't lying on the ground good? That was my
| plan. Why should I change to crouching when it says there is no
| evidence it works?

I think the crouching probably just makes you
less of a target. Lying on the ground is bad
because it's important to prevent it going through
your heart. Four-legged animals are thus at
greater risk than us.

The wiring for livestock buildings has special
provisions just because of livestock sensibility to
stray voltages.
We won't even notice voltage that might discourage critters
from drinking from a tank.