Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Appliance industry warns....shutdowns?

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 15:48:54 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

I've been through several "government shutdowns". Ever hear the term
"non-essential"? Prisons got along just fine without redundant
positions -- like three associate wardens. At least my position was
"essential"

Essentially to keep them from escaping. G

IIRC weren't the furloughed people paid? (Paid vacation)

Yes they were paid, Salary was never interrupted. Employee salaries
come from the agency / facility budget... already built in. Staff
budgets cannot be moved or used for other purposes. "Man days" are
2,020 hours a year with sick leave, vacation leave factored in. But
yes, they got/get time off but never use /used any accrued leave.