Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Appliance industry warns....Clean up

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 7:18:39 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/22/2015 3:55 AM, wrote:
I can believe that. Our 1.6 gpf toilets do a great job of clearing the
bowl, but I always wonder about moving things down the line to the
street. I double flush often, not from need,, but for safety.
http://www.lowes.com/cd_Can+Your+Plumbing+System+Handle+a+LowFlow+Toile t_1350913159827_

Lowes says a waste pipe should work fine if the slope is between 1/8 and
1/4 inch per foot.

If the slope isn't right, you can have a plumber fix it or use a
pressure-assisted toilet.

That still may not help. I had a low flow that wouldn't flush a #2 so
I bought a pressure assist. That makes it go away but sometimes it
does not make it all the way. I tell everyone to be sure to wash their
hands ;-)

I hope you drilled out the flow restrictor aerator,
so you have some water flow to assist the toilet?

Washing hands with soap and water is a good idea
after a bowel movement, helps reduce the spread of
disease. I met a mom one time who said someone gave
her a really good idea, to wipe her own hands with
a diaper wipe after changing a baby poopy. I mentioned
that hand washing with soap and warm water would be
better.

I'd not want to hold the kids, fix meals, and scratch
my own nose with poopy hands.

--

When me or my brother traveled, we would take our own shower heads and the tools to change them. I'd remove the flow restricted motel shower head set it aside, install my own, get a shower then reinstall the motel's shower head. I suppose I'm weird because I like to get clean not just wet. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Dirty Monster

How about your douche bag? VBG

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*