Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Appliance industry warns....shutdowns?

Oren posted for all of us...

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 09:10:50 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 10:29:30 AM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 21:51:08 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 15:22:49 -0700, Oren wrote:

"...The recent proposal from the Department of Energy is meant to
boost dishwasher efficiency by setting stricter limits on the amount
of water each dishwasher can use, among other changes. Under the
plan, washers could use only 3.1 gallons of water for a single load.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/20/federal-dishwasher-proposals-upset-appliance-industry-conservatives/v

https://tinyurl.com/nhsoupe

The department of energy is just one of numerous governmental agencies
that have long ago out lived their usefulness. That's assuming they
served a purpose to begin with. The market is more than capable of
determining what characteristics are desirable for a given product.

Don't even get me started on how useful the EPA, Dept of Labor, Dept
of education and Dept of HUD are. Not to mention the VA. Now you
really got me ****ed off!

Thanks, Oren!

And what's your problem with the VA ? You don't believe veterans deserve the
services they provide ?

I believe veterans deserve services better than the VA provides. My
complaint with the VA, as well as virtually all other govt agencies,
is they are not run nearly as well as comparable businesses in the
private sector.

If all of the bureaucrats that do nothing but consume tax dollars were
eliminated from the VA equation the services would greatly improve and
the costs would come down. In other words shift that responsibility to
the private sector and everyone would be better off.

Poor service is directly proportional to the number of Affirmative Action Morons in positions of power and responsibility. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Monster

I've been through several "government shutdowns". Ever hear the term
"non-essential"? Prisons got along just fine without redundant
positions -- like three associate wardens. At least my position was
"essential"

Essentially to keep them from escaping. G

IIRC weren't the furloughed people paid? (Paid vacation)

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*