Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Appliance industry warns....

wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 01:38:56 -0400, "Robert Green"

stuff snipped

I guess I am old-fashioned but if trimming the HW temperature a few

degrees
saves some little kids from death or horrible maiming, my choice would be

protect the kids and elderly who in many cases are unable to protect
themselves.

But it does explain why commercial dish washers work better with less
water.

Agreed. And you don't find very many kids or elderly people working in a
commercial kitchen. At least you're not supposed to find them there. So
it's not really an issue for them.

However, don't dishwasher have built-in heaters that can raise the
temperature of the wash water internally? Never owned one, so I am not sure
how they are designed. Not sure that heating water inside the unit is a
tradeoff worse than using too much water, though. (-:

--
Bobby G.