Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_3_] Ashton Crusher[_3_] is offline

Default Appliance industry warns....

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 12:59:38 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 15:53:11 -0400, wrote:

The only reason why they "make some money" is because the government
pays all of the collection, sorting and transportation cost. The
pittance they get paid for the material at the remanufacturing
facility is nowhere near what we paid to get it there.

As I said before, things like metal and some paper, in some places,
will make sense to transport but you can test that yourself. Go to a
scrap yard and see what they will pay you for a truckload of it.

Then balance that against what it costs for us to actually collect and
sort it.

Does _Cash for Clunkers_ ring a bell?

The only Gvt handout that ever did me the slightest bit of good. But
still a stupid program.