Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Appliance industry warns....

On 7/22/15 8:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/21/2015 10:20 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 7/20/15 10:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I can believe that. Our 1.6 gpf toilets do a great job of clearing the
bowl, but I always wonder about moving things down the line to the
street. I double flush often, not from need,, but for safety.

http://www.lowes.com/cd_Can+Your+Plumbing+System+Handle+a+LowFlow+Toile t_1350913159827_

Lowes says a waste pipe should work fine if the slope is between 1/8 and
1/4 inch per foot.

If the slope isn't right, you can have a plumber fix it or use a
pressure-assisted toilet.

Amazing. In order to use the new toilets, you
have to rework the waste pipes. What an extreme
unintended consequence.

The Lowes article gave me the impression that the slope for any waste
pipe is supposed to be 1/8 to 1/4 inch per foot, but an old house may
have settled or may have been plumbed wrong. One of these days, I think
I'll check my slope.