Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Some general propane/NG generator questions

Per bob haller:
if you ever vacation in the winter where things can freeze.you will regret the day you didnt get a automatic standby generator.

My vacationing days are over - but I take your point.... had not thought
of that.

OTOH, when we did leave the house we learned to drain the water system
before leaving. The lesson that taught us that was the #1 daughter's
copper plumbing suddenly springing multiple pinhole leaks from something
to do with the character of their water... they weren't away and it
wasn't winter... but if they were away the house would have been nearly
totaled.

But five days of freezing temps even without water in the system? I
can't think anything good could come out of that.
--
Pete Cresswell