Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob_Villa Bob_Villa is offline

Default 5 things liberals never remember

On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 10:08:45 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

... because we're human, and we like to be around other people who are
similar to us, think more like us, and have similar beliefs. It makes us
feel safe, and like we belong. It's like when scripture compares
believers to being the "body of Christ"- many members jointly fitted
together, so that we could function as a body functions. None of us
function exactly the same. Some may be feet, some hands, some people
may be ears, or eyes. I always joked that I was a gall bladder because
people would shake their heads at me, sometimes saying things like "you
got a lot of gall saying that!" LOL I was never famous for having much
tact, so I had to make a point of learning better ways of communicating.

Different expressions (denominations) of the body of Christ usually are
different because they've emphasized one or two particular teachings in
the Bible. The problem with denominational teachings is they tend to
ignore other teachings in favor of emphasizing their favorite teachings
which ends up being unbalanced when it comes to the entire picture of
what's in the Bible, if that makes sense? So, we have different aspects
of the personality of Christ expressed in different churches, and often
the different churches reject each other because they can't really see
that their only one body part of the body of Christ. It takes more than
a mouth, or feet, to function like a body. On top of that all the
living cells that make up each part are imperfect humans who make
mistakes, have bad attitudes, and are totally emotional messes all at
the same time while they're trying to change into a better expression of
who they should be and how they should function.

Anyway ... that's my answer to your question, and I'm sticking to it ...
my final answer. OH WAIT ... this isn't a game show! ha! ;-)

--
Maggie

What are you doing here...you make sense? (At least I agree with you and that will make you a pariah!) *L*