Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Some general propane/NG generator questions

On Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 4:40:28 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/19/2015 2:03 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 07/19/2015 08:36 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/19/2015 8:18 AM, trader_4 wrote:
Take a look at the generac reviews on Amazon.
A lot of people with real bad reviews, even with
new units. I had a neighbor with one about 5
years old, failed during an outage and dealer
told him not worth fixing.

Sounds like that unit totally failed to do what
it was paid to do. Not good.

It seems like there ought to be some sort of warranty coverage, even
after several years. When you buy an expensive thing and don't get ANY
use out of it.

Sure, park a $40,000 Buick in your garage for four years and see what
kind of warranty coverage you get.

Perhaps it should have been used more to maintain it in working order.
Many generators are started once a month for that reason.

It self started once a week fine. AFAIK, serviced regularly too, the guy
wasn't cheap. As I said, if you look at reviews on Amazon, a lot of people
complaining of similar failures, including new units right out of the box where they were defective and Generac made all kinds of excuses and would keep fixing it instead of swapping it out. I came to the conclusion I'd never buy one.