Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Some general propane/NG generator questions

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 21:39:46 -0500, Sam E
wrote:

On 07/19/2015 08:59 PM, bob haller wrote:

[snip]

if you ever vacation in the winter where things can freeze.you will regret the day you didnt get a automatic standby generator.

as your cleaing up and dealing with frozen smashed toilets, frozen dishwasher, frozen washing machine etc etc.....

if you have a boiler for stem heat, it will be very worse.....

if you get a auto standby geneator that doesnt stop you from buying a portable too.

and with all the computer hacking the feds have admitted our power grid can be attacked.

so add in someone intentionally turning our power off

I read this novel where the Chinese cut of power in part of the US. A
lot of standby generators were poorly maintained and wouldn't start.

Chinese generators, too, I'll bet. (Most sold in USA and Canada are)