Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default 5 things liberals never remember

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Jul 2015 08:20:30 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

You need to stick to the facts. This had nothing to do with them
refusing to go to their reception. It was pure bigotry based on
religion. They refused to sell a cake to a lesbian couple. Just as in
the south in the 50's businesses refused to do business with Blacks.
They violated the law. It's that simple.

http://m.snopes.com/2015/07/03/sweet...lissa-damages/

From your own source, the judge said they refused to provide
"wedding cake services". Typically, wedding cake services include
delivering the cake, setting it up at the reception. I took it
to mean it was more than just picking up a cake, so you might be
right on that point. But to me it doesn't matter. And where is your
lib outrage at the illegal, unconstitutional gag order the court
put on the bakers?

He didn't put a 'gag order' on them. He did limit their ability to
tell lies.

The story gets so distorted in both the left and right-wing press that it's
hard to tell what went on without referring to the official documents in the
case. They were barred from recommending to others that they, too, disobey
the law.

They also were not "fined" - that $135,000 was what BOLI decided was the
value for the emotional harm done to the gay couple. The money for a fine
would go to the state. The $135,000 is to be paid to the women so it's not
a fine even though it's widely reported that way.

There are legitimate questions the will doubtless be considered on appeal.
Some observers feel both the damages and the C&D order will be modified on
appeal.

Throughout this whole process I have yet to figure out what BOLI could have
done had the bakers said "It won't happen again, sorry, we'll go private"
and left it at that? Going in to taste and buy a cake and being told that
you are an abomination isn't going to end well and it didn't.

It's still unclear (given how Jesus set a pretty serious counter-example)
how mixing with gays is so unbearable. He mixed with prostitutes but didn't
become one. This "religious reason" makes no sense so I strongly suspect
it's not a "deeply held religious conviction" that makes these people so
ferociously shun gays, etc. It's just good old fashion "ya ain't one of us"
bigotry.

--
Bobby G.