Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default 5 things liberals never remember

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 7/18/2015 5:11 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 16:34:34 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I figure sin is sin, regardless of the sin. None is more severe than
another.

Ah, so a man who steals a pencil from work is
just as guilty as a armed guy who shoots up
a military recruiting center?
Your prison must be full of petty crooks doing
double life?

Define double life, please. After one life sentence, are they buried
standing up until the other life sentence is served and then buried
horizontal on Pecker Wood Hill? Finally laid to rest...

There are at least a few things I do not understand,
and the double life sentence is one such.

I sense there is a bit of symbolism involved, but
not much practical value.

Depends a little on the jurisdiction and sentencing guidelines. In some
areas "life" can mean you are eligible for parole after a certain amount
of time. Two life sentences (especially if they are to run
consecutively) doubles the amount of time. Others may be because if one
is overturned, you can keep the person incarcerated on the other while
sorting out the first one. Finally, it can be more or less a political
decision where they have multiple victims and all families wants someone
to officially go down for their person's murder.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²