Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default 5 things liberals never remember

On 7/19/2015 8:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/18/2015 5:11 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 16:34:34 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I figure sin is sin, regardless of the sin. None is more severe than
another.

Ah, so a man who steals a pencil from work is
just as guilty as a armed guy who shoots up
a military recruiting center?
Your prison must be full of petty crooks doing
double life?

Define double life, please. After one life sentence, are they buried
standing up until the other life sentence is served and then buried
horizontal on Pecker Wood Hill? Finally laid to rest...

There are at least a few things I do not understand,
and the double life sentence is one such.

I sense there is a bit of symbolism involved, but
not much practical value.

If the state's laws do not permit sentencing to a determinate time
WITHOUT POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE, then the way to defeat that and keep the
offender incarcerated is to sentence to consecutive life terms. Parole
almost always requires a certain percentage of a sentence be served
before becoming eligible for consideration (33% - 50%, perhaps).

So if you get some goof who kills six people and sentence him to five
100 yrs terms, to be served consecutively, he's done.