Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Some general propane/NG generator questions

On 7/18/2015 8:47 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Somebody I know had a whole-house gennie with auto-cutover and automagic
self testing every so many weeks - fueled by a 500-gallon propane tank.

When our last significant outage hit (9 days for him), he discovered
that the automagic self-testing had burned up the alternator and the
thing was down hard for the entire outage. He got by on a portable.

If you happen to ask, please get the brand of that
unit, so we can consider a different brand.

--
..
Christopher A. Young