Posted to alt.home.repair

Default fixing squeaky floor with plain wood screw?

On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 17:53:35 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| drywall screws arent designed to be strong, they may break, and the noise
will return

| deck screws would be better

Deck screws are fine, but they're more expensive.
Drywall screws only break when twisted. If they
don't snap driving into something hard there's no
worry that they snap off just from wood swelling.
I'm imagining a plywood subfloor where the OP
can afford to put in lots of screws.

I tried drywall screws They are no good because they are threaded all
the way, and you break too many of them trying to pull the subfloor
down. I guess they'd be OK on an OSB floor - - -