Posted to alt.home.repair
tony944 tony944 is offline

Default fixing squeaky floor with plain wood screw?

It all depend of thickness of your floor is it singular sheetrock or double
only you can determine requirement. if your floor is 2" thick well you need
2" screw
but if your floor is only 3/4 then you need 3/4" screw.
However if plies are separating you got problem?

"Bob" wrote in message ...

I'm about to replace carpet and want to fix some squeaky areas at the
same time.

Since I can tear off the carpet to do this, I don't need to use those
special snap off screws for carpet, right?

Can I just use a generic wood screw (countersunk flat head)?
Is 2 inch about right length?