Andrew

Default Keston Questions (noise and flue options)

In article , Bob Minchin
writes
Andrew wrote:

snip

Why can't I connect it to the waste stack ?. - i.e. well above the 'high
tide mark' ?

--
Andrew (change P to K in s.ydata to reply)

ROTFL!

You may have had a genteel upbringing and never participated in a 'light the
fart' experiment in your teens.

Waste gasses both directly from humans and indirectly from decaying waste
material such as in drains contain methane which is inflammable.

You migth get a blowback in the toilets etc

Bob

Maybe I should rephrase that - why can't I convert the top section of
the waste stack so that the 2" mupvc flue enters at 1st floor ceiling
height and exits up through the roof *inside* the waste stack.That way
the flue terminal pokes out above the stack by say 6 inches and the
remaining cross section is still used to vent the stack. Since we are
only discharging acidic steam at this point where does the possibility
of exploding methane come into it ?
--
Andrew (change .P. to .k. to reply)