Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Two Faucets in Shower? Still Legal?

On 7/10/2015 2:31 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

It would cost me more. I can just about guarantee that we would use more water if we never ran out of hot. Even with a 50 gallon tank, SWMBO and I can empty the tank when taking a shower, either separate or shared.

Heck, on a lazy, winter Sunday morning, we'd probably stay in the shower until noon. ;-)

There are other ways to get there aside from tankless. My old oil fired
boiler would keep up forever but it was not very efficient. Most
electric water heaters have a first hour rating of 50 or 60 gallons. My
indirect fired tank has a rating of about 250 gallons. It is 40% better
on oil than my old setup.