Posted to alt.home.repair
CHW3 CHW3 is offline

Default interior door replacement -- nonstandard sizes

replying to clare , CHW3 wrote:
clare wrote:

On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 03:44:01 +0000, CHW3
Having worked in the window and door business in the past, yes,
builders are cutting down standard doors to make them fit, Custom
doors are MUCH more expensive (and in most cases, it is still just the
standard door cut down - but cut at the factory instead of on-site)
This is particularly true of the "styled" doors - the ones that look
like raised panel doors. They don't make non-standard dies to press
non-standard panel sizes - they just cut down the styles

I hope everybody who has replied to my query can read this, because I
sincerely appreciate everyones input, thoughts, etc. You have all,
collectively shed much light on this isdue and as a result I, and everyone
else is much better for it. I have a much better understanding of the
workings of this faction of the home building industry. I have acuired a
24 in wide door and am cutting it down. The thing that bugs me the most
is that we purchased the house new, from a very reputable builder in
Maryland who has a long and distinguished history. The house is solid.
Couldnt figure the door issue, but it appears as though its just one of
those inditry quirks, and a stick built house I guess can exacerbate these
things. You guys rock! Thanks so much! :-)