Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default interior door replacement -- nonstandard sizes

On 07/07/2015 09:44 PM, CHW3 wrote:

try the custom desk at a big box, or at a real lumberyard. you can also

look
up doors in the yellow pages. when i was building my house, i found a

small
shop that just builds doors for custom houses, that was the same cost
as buying all the doors at a big box.

I appreciate everybody's responses, yet no one has answered the question,
"where can I get a non standard sized door?" SOMEBODY makes them, because
builders continue to install them. The door I am trying to replace is 23
5/8 inches wide, but yet is a standard height. It's a 6 panel hollow core
interior closet door. It came with the house - do I need to go back to
the builder and get a door from them?

23 5/8 inches is almost exactly 60cm. Is it possible that that is a
standard metric-sized door? I understand that some parts of the USA
started moving toward the metric system, but then the whole thing
fizzled out. (My wife was trained to teach metric conversion. Her late
mother said that if she could get used to the crazy US system when she
was in her 40s, all Americans could get used to it if they learned it as
children.)

Perce