Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where can I get boot leather for my wife's boot heel?

On 7/8/2015 1:48 AM, micky wrote:
I've glued the sole onto sneakers. The first time I used while
silicone sealant, because it looked like what had crumbled, but it
didn't stick well, and more kept crumbling. On this pair, I just used
contract cement. I only managed to glue the middle of the sole but it's
been weeks of wearing them every day and it's holding well. When it
fails, I'll redo it, trying harder to get the outsde of the bottom and
the part that runs a centimeter up the sides of the shoe.

My work shoes started to wear out, and a layer of
gorilla tape on the soles gave them more life. Need
to put another layer of tape on, some day soon.

--
..
Christopher A. Young