Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default interior door replacement -- nonstandard sizes

CHW3 wrote:
replying to Terry Coombs , CHW3 wrote:
snag_one wrote:

No , you need to cut 3/16" off each side of a standard 24" door .
I prefer

a table saw for this , and don't forget to angle the latch side 5? .
--
Snag

Thanks Snag one, appreciate it, but let me ask this - are builders
cutting these doors down from 24 inches wide, to something less (in
my case 23 5/8 inches)? My guess is no they are not.

You are 100% correct. That would be incredibly stupid...unless he had to do
so to make a standard door fit because somebody had screwed up the rough
opening size.