Posted to alt.home.repair
CHW3 CHW3 is offline

Default interior door replacement -- nonstandard sizes

replying to Terry Coombs , CHW3 wrote:
snag_one wrote:

No , you need to cut 3/16" off each side of a standard 24" door . I

prefer

a table saw for this , and don't forget to angle the latch side 5? .
--
Snag

Thanks Snag one, appreciate it, but let me ask this - are builders cutting
these doors down from 24 inches wide, to something less (in my case 23 5/8
inches)? My guess is no they are not. I am really not trying to be
difficult - but its ridiculous that a builder can get a door that size but
no one else can. Are they buying in bulk from a manufacturer and
specifying a non standard size just to be difficult? Guess I'll go back to
my builder and find out where he gets his doors in bulk. I'm sure he
wouldn't have a problem selling one to me. Stupid to have to put a
hundred dollars of effort into a 30 dollar door. If I have to do that, I
may as well just give him the hundred bucks.