Posted to alt.home.repair

Default interior door replacement -- nonstandard sizes

CHW3 wrote:
replying to charlie, CHW3 wrote:
charlie.spitzer wrote:

"nnnnnnnnn" wrote in message
try the custom desk at a big box, or at a real lumberyard. you can
also look up doors in the yellow pages. when i was building my
house, i found a small shop that just builds doors for custom
houses, that was the same cost as buying all the doors at a big box.

I appreciate everybody's responses, yet no one has answered the
question, "where can I get a non standard sized door?" SOMEBODY
makes them, because builders continue to install them. The door I am
trying to replace is 23 5/8 inches wide, but yet is a standard
height. It's a 6 panel hollow core interior closet door. It came
with the house - do I need to go back to the builder and get a door
from them?

No , you need to cut 3/16" off each side of a standard 24" door . I prefer
a table saw for this , and don't forget to angle the latch side 5° .

--
Snag