Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where can I get boot leather for my wife's boot heel?

On Monday, July 6, 2015 at 4:18:26 PM UTC-5, Karlheinz Fenstermacher wrote:
My wife's boot heel is worn through the rubber to the leather.
If I replace the last layer of leather on the heel (it's pretty
thick as there are about 10 layers, so I'd guess 1/8th inch)
and the rubber pad, I'd be a hero.

Where can we mail order this thick boot heel leather and
rubber pads to cut to size?

Any experience repairing boot heels?

When My older brother served in The Army in Vietnam, he told me of the natives who made sandals out of old vehicle tires. Perhaps you could take some rubber from a bicycle tire and cut it to size? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Tired Monster