Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default If a fly gets in the house...

Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 12:53:01 AM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
\ I've even used it for hornets in the attic.

I can't quote the source, but someone suggested a
shop vac for dealing with boring wasps or hornets.
Put the end of the hose several inches from the
nest opening, and after a while they will all
end up in the bag. What you do with a shop vac full
of wasps, I'm less certain.

A quick spritx of "flea bomb" as the motor winds down directly after
turning the vac off does the job nicely.

I've vacuumed up a bit of Sevin Dust powder into the vacuum cleaner
to kill all insects sucked into the machine. It even seemed to kill
the fleas I vacuumed off Dogma "the barking ankle biter". ^_^

The point of spraying into the vac hose AFTER turning it off but while still
winding down is to eliminate the rist of the motor sparking an explosion.
Depends on what you spray in.