James Sweet

Default Has my laptop broken my TV

Depends how nice the pic was on your old set and the overall quality of the
new set you're considering. Much new equipment is very cheaply constructed
disposeable garbage, but then something made 8 years ago may be as well,
it's hard to say without more details. I'm always one to repair rather than
replace when possible though.

"Dave Dixson" wrote in message
om...
I have had a quote to get it fixed for £50. Given that it is an 8
year old set, and that I can get an equivilent new set for around
£150, do you think it would be worth getting it fixed?

If the fixed tv lasts more than 2 or 3 years I guess it would be worth
it to stay with the current set. On the other hand, if the fixed set
breaks in a year or so, I would be better off getting a new set now.
Any thoughts?

Dave.