Jerry Greenberg

Default Has my laptop broken my TV

You can try a system reset for your set. Unplug it from the AC for
about 20 seconds, and then plug it back in. You can also consult the
instruction manual to go over all the user menu settings. By your
description, I cannot think of something from a user setting that can
do this type of fault.

If the reset did not do the fix, it sounds like by coincidence the TV
set developed a fault condtion. This would most likely be in the video
processing, or sync processing areas. Your laptop should not have
done any damage at all. I am sure it is of the standard output for
your set. Any electronic device can go defective at any time.

As for your set, this is not something you will be able to fix at
home. You will have to call the authorised service center to have an
estimate done.

Jerry Greenberg
http://www.zoom-one.com

--

(Dave Dixson) wrote in message . com...
The other day I connected the TV out on my laptop to the AV3 in of my
Panasonic televion and I could not get any picture to appear. I have
done this before and it was worked fine.

I played around a bit to get it to work, changing the format of the
signal from my laptop a few times but to no avail, so I finally
admotted defeat.

The thing is, all my other channels will now not display a picture.
The sound is fine, and the on screen graphics appear, although they
seem to be a little higher up than before.

One of my AV inputs, AV1, does show a picture, but it is rolling
quickly. All the other AV inputs show no picture at all (but, again,
do play sound).

Have I broken my television with my laptop, or is it just a "setting"
somewhere in the TV that needs reseting? Is there any way I could
factory reset the TV to try to get it working again?

If anyone has any advice, please let me know,

Cheers,

Dave.

Dave Dixson

I have had a quote to get it fixed for £50. Given that it is an 8
year old set, and that I can get an equivilent new set for around
£150, do you think it would be worth getting it fixed?

If the fixed tv lasts more than 2 or 3 years I guess it would be worth
it to stay with the current set. On the other hand, if the fixed set
breaks in a year or so, I would be better off getting a new set now.
Any thoughts?

Dave.

James Sweet

Depends how nice the pic was on your old set and the overall quality of the
new set you're considering. Much new equipment is very cheaply constructed
disposeable garbage, but then something made 8 years ago may be as well,
it's hard to say without more details. I'm always one to repair rather than
replace when possible though.

HD foam for laptop case? T i m UK diy 42 April 23rd 04 02:59 PM
Laptop LCD backlight problem -=Erx=- Electronics 3 January 25th 04 08:20 PM
dell laptop won't boot carl Electronics Repair 3 August 12th 03 02:16 AM