Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Best way to dig a 40' long trench to bury wires

In ,
Texas Kingsnake typed:
"trader_4" wrote in message
On Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 11:08:20 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 10:45:54 AM UTC-4, Texas Kingsnake
wrote:
Any ideas? How deep do 110 volt wires need to be buried?

24" in open areas, it can be less if it goes under concrete, etc.

Let me correct that. I just looked at the code to make sure
and above is true for direct burial cable. If you use pvc
conduit, it's 18". And there is an exception for branch circuits
of 20A or less that are GFCI protected, in which case it's 12"
regardless if it's direct burial or conduit.

Thanks for the update. Depth will make a serious difference in how
hard it will be to dig the trench. I am thinking I will get the guy
who butchered my bricks to dig the ditch for free instead of my suing
him. How hard could THAT be not to eff up?

Seriously? You are joking, right? If you are serious, my vote is don't do
it and stop trying to work anything out even deal with that guy. And, save
yourself the trouble of even thinking about suing him to get your money
back. He has no money. You will never see that money again even if you win
a lawsuit.