Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Best way to dig a 40' long trench to bury wires

On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 10:02:56 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 08:21:59 -0400, wrote:
How do you get the wire in the long conduit without
it getting stuck somewhere in the middle?

In a 2 inch conduit????? They could run 4 times the
cable through it without trouble. You blow a pull
string through first

Monster said the same thing. I just picture it getting stuck because
of elbows in the conduit. I've never seen it done before. Was
curious.

--
Maggie

It depends on how many elbows and how long the run. I think code
is that you can't have more than 360 deg of turns between access
points. How far, how many turns is going to depend on the wire
gauge and number of conductors, etc. A lot of it comes down to
common sense and experience.