Posted to alt.home.repair

Default If a fly gets in the house...

On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 2:34:55 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 06/29/2015 07:25 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 7:14:27 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
Now that summer is here some of us may be faced with a fly getting into
the house from time to time.

After wasting a lot of time trying to chase one down to swat it...

I realized they are photo-tropic creatures and they will typically go
back to the place where they came in within a few minutes.

What I do now is simply give them a few minutes and most of the time
they will return to the door where they entered...and I just open it an
let them out.

If it's evening and there are lights on in the house...turn them off.

Good going! I'm a founding member of PETI, People for the Ethical Treatment of Insects. Insects live here too and the slaughter of the poor little insects worldwide is absolutely disgusting. 8-(

Have you hugged a bug today?

[8~{} Uncle Bug Monster

I don't consider myself an insect humanitarian,
it was simply the easiest and least messy way to go

Umm, wouldn't that be "Insectarian"? I've used a shop vac to get flies and all kinds of insects, I have even used a vacuum cleaner to get fleas off of Dogma, my barking ankle biter. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Bug Monster