Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Best way to dig a 40' long trench to bury wires

On 2015-06-28, HerHusband wrote:

Of course, rigid drain pipes or conduit aren't always flexible like
electrical cables.

Nor entirely practical. My old phone line goes through a PVC pipe.
Problem is, water gets into the pipe and when Winter time comes 'round
and there goes my landline.

Wow, if water kills your phone line, it must be really hard on DSL on
the same line.

I have about 20 feet of my phone line, mostly 4-conductor round while
wire, open to the rain, and maybe that's what's been causing internet
problems.

D'ya think?

I hadda run a above ground line, instead.
Sometimes, still gets wet and drops out, but at least I can access it and
fix it when it does.

BTW, one the few times WD40 is actaully helpful.

nb