Bilal

Default Audio Power AMP, whistling sound on high-bass sounds

Instead of the actual sound, a whistling (high pitch) sound
is heard from my speakers, whenever a
strong bass-beat comes in an audio track. Is this pointing
towards the fact that the power supply connected with the
power amp is inadequate for the AMP's current requirements.
I postulate this becoz there is no distortion of any kind and the
audio signal is not clipped in any of the pre-amp/tone-control
sections.

The power amp is of a car-tape. I don't have its power
ratings etc. However, the circuitry is completely covered in
cover-like heatsink.

My power supply is a 12VDC capable of 6 Amperes.

Thanx for taking the time to read this query!

-B