Bilal

Default Audio Power AMP, whistling sound on high-bass sounds

Instead of the actual sound, a whistling (high pitch) sound
is heard from my speakers, whenever a
strong bass-beat comes in an audio track. Is this pointing
towards the fact that the power supply connected with the
power amp is inadequate for the AMP's current requirements.
I postulate this becoz there is no distortion of any kind and the
audio signal is not clipped in any of the pre-amp/tone-control
sections.

The power amp is of a car-tape. I don't have its power
ratings etc. However, the circuitry is completely covered in
cover-like heatsink.

My power supply is a 12VDC capable of 6 Amperes.

Thanx for taking the time to read this query!

-B
Jerry G.

If you look at the output wattage rating of the car power amp, your
supply must be a minimum rated at about 3 to 4 times of that. A typical
50 W/ch auto amp requires atleast a 150 Watt supply at 12 Volts. This
translates to about 12.5 Amps minimum. The supply should also be well
regulated.

If the supply is not ridged enough, it will start to dip on the peaks.
This will cause the inverse feedback, and the overall output current to
become unstable. This may give the sound of oscillations.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
"Bilal" wrote in message
om...
Instead of the actual sound, a whistling (high pitch) sound
is heard from my speakers, whenever a
strong bass-beat comes in an audio track. Is this pointing
towards the fact that the power supply connected with the
power amp is inadequate for the AMP's current requirements.
I postulate this becoz there is no distortion of any kind and the
audio signal is not clipped in any of the pre-amp/tone-control
sections.

The power amp is of a car-tape. I don't have its power
ratings etc. However, the circuitry is completely covered in
cover-like heatsink.

My power supply is a 12VDC capable of 6 Amperes.

Thanx for taking the time to read this query!

-B

Bilal

Dear Mr. Jerry,

Thanx for your time.

Currently, my power supply is a 12VDC capable of 6 Amperes.
Would connecting TWO power supplies of 12 VDC 6 Amperes,
in parallel, be equivalent to ONE 12VDC 12 Amperes power supply?
or
a single power supply of 12 Amperes is the only valid option?

-Bilal

"Jerry G." wrote in message ...
If you look at the output wattage rating of the car power amp, your
supply must be a minimum rated at about 3 to 4 times of that. A typical
50 W/ch auto amp requires atleast a 150 Watt supply at 12 Volts. This
translates to about 12.5 Amps minimum. The supply should also be well
regulated.

If the supply is not ridged enough, it will start to dip on the peaks.
This will cause the inverse feedback, and the overall output current to
become unstable. This may give the sound of oscillations.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
"Bilal" wrote in message
om...
Instead of the actual sound, a whistling (high pitch) sound
is heard from my speakers, whenever a
strong bass-beat comes in an audio track. Is this pointing
towards the fact that the power supply connected with the
power amp is inadequate for the AMP's current requirements.
I postulate this becoz there is no distortion of any kind and the
audio signal is not clipped in any of the pre-amp/tone-control
sections.

The power amp is of a car-tape. I don't have its power
ratings etc. However, the circuitry is completely covered in
cover-like heatsink.

My power supply is a 12VDC capable of 6 Amperes.

Thanx for taking the time to read this query!

-B

Jeff

A car battery and a low ohm (~0.5-1) 20W resistor or
two would allow more than enough current.
you would connect1/both supplies to trickle charge the
battery thru the resistor/s while the battery supplies the
current.
Not a good way to do it for long term use inside but for
testing higher powered amps it works.
Jeff

om...

"Jerry G." wrote in message

If you look at the output wattage rating of the car power amp, your
supply must be a minimum rated at about 3 to 4 times of that. A typical
50 W/ch auto amp requires atleast a 150 Watt supply at 12 Volts. This
translates to about 12.5 Amps minimum. The supply should also be well
regulated.

If the supply is not ridged enough, it will start to dip on the peaks.
This will cause the inverse feedback, and the overall output current to
become unstable. This may give the sound of oscillations.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
om...

Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM
Power tools in Europe (long) Christian Aufreiter Woodworking 23 October 17th 03 10:44 AM