Posted to alt.home.repair
Texas Kingsnake Texas Kingsnake is offline

Default Best way to dig a 40' long trench to bury wires

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 09:45:41 -0500, Texas Kingsnake
wrote:

Any ideas? How deep do 110 volt wires need to be buried?

A call to the Digger's Hotline might be a good first step.

Yes, thanks for reminding me. Good idea.

There are at least two benefits to using a shovel. Most of us
could use the exercise. Plus, a penny saved is a penny earned.
A guy might be paying himself good money by not renting a machine
to do the work.

The last time I used my post-hole digger I remember saying to myself "this
is a younger man's work!" In this clay/rock hard-packed soil it takes a
long, long time to dig out very little material. Or run into a boulder as
big as a barrel. I think this long a dig will take a gizmo or a julio.

TKS