Posted to alt.home.repair
Texas Kingsnake Texas Kingsnake is offline

Default Best way to dig a 40' long trench to bury wires

wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 10:45:41 -0400, "Texas Kingsnake"
wrote:

Any ideas? How deep do 110 volt wires need to be buried?

You can rent a ditch witch trencher. I suppose a lot depends on what
the soil is like.
Burial depth really depends on where this is. The basic rule is direct
burial cable (UF) is 24", PVC conduit is 18" if this is not below a
road.
There is an exception for 15 and 20 amp 120v on a residential
property, that is GFCI protected at the source ... 12 inches. (cable
or conduit)

That's nice - just the kind of exemption I need. Thanks!

TKS