Dave Plowman

Default Scart

In article ,
John john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote:
I have been asked if it is possible to connect a DVD Player to a TV which
does not have a Scart socket.

As I don't have a DVD player I haven't a clue. I would guess that a DVD
player would not have a RF output.

DVD players don't usually have an RF output, but DVD recorders do. The
SavaCentre nearby has a DVD recorder for under 200 quid, and very good it
is too. Plays all audio formats including MP3 as well.

Can anyone help? I think it is a Xmas gift idea for a teenagers bedroom
and the TV is fairly basic / old

If there is no AV input - and many old or basic TVs don't have them, then
the only other option is an RF modulator - you can get them from Maplin,
or from the sheds for use with a security camera - but make sure it takes
sound as well. However, a cheap new TV might just be cheaper with less
hassle.

It could be the TV has an AV input other than a SCART, in which case all
that would be needed is an adaptor cable.

--
*Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn