Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Using Extension Cord with Freezer

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/23/2015 1:55 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Ohm's law is very simple to understand. If you used extension cord of
proper size(capacity to carry the current without too much voltage drop)
There shouldn't be a problem. a/c or freezer has motor which draws peak
current when it starts due to it's characteristics of inductive load)
Undersized cord is even fire hazard.

Wonderful! I've got a compressor that dosn't run on
the extension cord. I've been waiting for someone to
use ohms law and help me understand.

You da man!

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

Ohm's law with DC circuit is straight forward dealing with just
resistance. With AC circuit it has to deal with resistance and
reactance by inductor and/or capacitor. Unit of conductaance(vs. R)
is Mho, Admittance is Y(vs. Z)