Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair
Slimer Slimer is offline

Default Thunderbird and "Usenet.BlueWorldHosting.COM".

On 2015-06-22 2:30 PM, Snit wrote:
On 6/22/15, 10:31 AM, in article , "Slimer"

On 2015-06-21 11:00 PM, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
P.S. In Thunderbird, select the message
of the person you want to kill file.

Go to "Message", "Create Filter From Message"
and choose "Delete Message" (the default).

P.P.S. Your server, "Eternal-September.ORG"
censors my (HTML) posts.

Please, if you want to converse with me,
sign up with this server:

Usenet.BlueWorldHosting.COM
nntpSwitch.BlueWorldHosting.COM:119

Unlike Pan, Mozilla Thunderbird knows HTML.

Instead of adapting to _you_, how about you try adapting to everyone
else? USENET has typically never been an HTML place and that's how most
people like it. The focus is therefore on the content.

There are times I think it would be nice to embed a YouTube video - or
other... but, really, links work fine. Keep Usenet as the Giver Of Data
(GOD) intended - text only. No HTML or XML or other "text-only" formats to
try to weasel out of this. Plaintext.

I think that Jeff Relf is probably the only person here clamouring for
USENET servers and its readers to support HTML. Even on web-based forums
where HTML is now common, enabling it was opening oneself up to all
sorts of security problems.

--
Slimer
Proud "wintroll"