Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair
Desk Rabbit Desk Rabbit is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 2015-06-22, Darklight wrote:
Snit wrote:

On 6/21/15, 2:27 PM, in article
, "Tomas"
wrote:

[deletia]

I do know that some major banks use linux to run their servers HSBC being
one of them. Productive enough for you.

if you knew any thing. What you put in is what you get out.
With windows you pay cash. with linux you pay time. No

No, not really. That's an outdated bit of snark that wasn't even true when
it was first stated even.

WinDOS is simply a mess. It's alway has been. It's always lagged behind on
usability features and always managed to mess them up somehow. Then there are

Yup such a mess and so lagging behind it's been the number one choice
for desktop computing for years :-)

the robustness issues. Microsoft pretty much innovated the email virus. They

What robustness issues? When was the last time you saw an ATM not
working? When was the last time your bank clerk couldn't work becasue
their Windows PC was down?

Let's not forget that the basic email system infrastructure that we all
use is a text based system designed to run on *nix systems from day one.
I'm sure there are better ways of doing it if we started again today but
it is what it is and Microsoft's input into the design has been minimal
to say the least. Once the mail has arrived at an Exchange system then
the transmission process between client and server is far more robust
and flexible than any of the POP/IMAP options and far more secure.

are notorious to clinging onto poor engineering decisions that come back to
bite everyone in the butt repeatedly.

Name one?

DOS is what you use when you think you need to use what everyone else does.

It's actual "qualities" have always been quite irrelevant.

Is this a post from the past? DOS hasn't existed in any form for many years.