Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair
Snit Snit is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 6/22/15, 5:41 AM, in article net,

On 2015-06-22, Darklight wrote:
Snit wrote:

On 6/21/15, 2:27 PM, in article
, "Tomas"
wrote:

[deletia]

I do know that some major banks use linux to run their servers HSBC being one
of them. Productive enough for you.

if you knew any thing. What you put in is what you get out. With windows you
pay cash. with linux you pay time. No

No, not really. That's an outdated bit of snark that wasn't even true when it
was first stated even.

WinDOS is simply a mess. It's alway has been. It's always lagged behind on
usability features and always managed to mess them up somehow.

What features do you mean? It does not handle drag and drop as well as OS X
and, as I show in my Word Processor Comparison video, there are times even
Linux handles it better... but what did you have in mind?

* OS / Word Processor Comparison: http://youtu.be/w6Qcl-w7s5c

Then there are the robustness issues. Microsoft pretty much innovated the
email virus. They are notorious to clinging onto poor engineering decisions
that come back to bite everyone in the butt repeatedly.

Windows and Android: bringing malware to the masses. Fair enough.

DOS is what you use when you think you need to use what everyone else does.

It's actual "qualities" have always been quite irrelevant.

--
* Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE
* Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs? http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA