Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 06/22/2015 07:17 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I then got inspired to watch an early Johnny Depp movie "Ed Wood"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109707/

Really liked that one

What makes them so campy and funny is the "attempt" at drama and seriousness. I love the old Japanese monster movies and old SciFi movies because they really make me laugh. Of course, in all the SciFi TV shows, the outer space aliens speak English with a Canadian accent. For some reason, the engine rooms of all the space cruisers look just like chilled water plants or steam plants for skyscrapers and large institutions. I could swear I saw the names Trane and Carrier on some of the warp drives which looked just like centrifugal compressors in a chilled water plant. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Alien Monster

In the movie "Plan 9" the flying saucers were hubcaps from a '59 Cadillac.

There was a Star Trek movie where in the control room, the wall was
entirely 5.25" floppy drives mounted vertically.

In those old Flash Gordon movies,the intercom system was dial phones.

If a movie is done poorly I can always get a good laugh.

One thing I will not go to though is a well done horror movie.

I saw the movie "Alien" and it totally scare the **** out of me!