Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On Monday, June 22, 2015 at 6:07:01 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 06/21/2015 09:45 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Though I have not used PC-BSD I was running Free_BSD for a while.

I still have an OS/2 installation, Solaris and several versions of Linux...

and pretty much all versions of Windows going all the way back to version 1

If you like fooling with operating systems here is one of my geeky favorites

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9/

Believe it or not, I have played around with it before and LMAO because the name reminded me of the old campy SciFi movie. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space

[8~{} Uncle Space Monster

Yep, I vaguely recalled the movie and am sure I had seen in when I was
in High School but re-watched it.

Quite true about it being so bad that it was funny.

I then got inspired to watch an early Johnny Depp movie "Ed Wood"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109707/

Really liked that one

What makes them so campy and funny is the "attempt" at drama and seriousness. I love the old Japanese monster movies and old SciFi movies because they really make me laugh. Of course, in all the SciFi TV shows, the outer space aliens speak English with a Canadian accent. For some reason, the engine rooms of all the space cruisers look just like chilled water plants or steam plants for skyscrapers and large institutions. I could swear I saw the names Trane and Carrier on some of the warp drives which looked just like centrifugal compressors in a chilled water plant. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Alien Monster