Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 06/21/2015 09:45 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Though I have not used PC-BSD I was running Free_BSD for a while.

I still have an OS/2 installation, Solaris and several versions of Linux...

and pretty much all versions of Windows going all the way back to version 1

If you like fooling with operating systems here is one of my geeky favorites

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9/

Believe it or not, I have played around with it before and LMAO because the name reminded me of the old campy SciFi movie. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space

[8~{} Uncle Space Monster

Yep, I vaguely recalled the movie and am sure I had seen in when I was
in High School but re-watched it.

Quite true about it being so bad that it was funny.

I then got inspired to watch an early Johnny Depp movie "Ed Wood"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109707/

Really liked that one