Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 06/21/2015 07:40 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
What do you think about Chrome OS. I'm using a Chromebook right now because I'm away from home where all my Windows, Linux, Android and BSD computers are. sniff I miss them. o_O

IBM lives! Chrome OS has backed down a little but it started life as a
very thin client. aka a dumb ADM3 terminal connected to a mainframe.
IBM was not pleased when users could cut the umbilical cord and actually
having stuff running on their very own machines. So, these days, you
have all your software and data in the 'cloud' which is a mainframe on
steroids spread out who the hell knows where.