Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 2015-06-21, Tomas wrote:

But that's part of the problem. So many different Linux
distributions when the facts prove that most people choose from the
top 5 or so anyway. Wouldn't it make sense to focus and apply the
resources to those top distributions?

For regular people, desktop Linux is too complicated.

But, since I am now working with some very average people, what I am
learning is that they cannot use Windows either due to
viruses/spyware/malware/antiviruses. They are migrating to Apple and
Android for this reason, Windows is too hard to deal with due to
predatory software.

Windows is being abandoned at a very quick pace.

Android is also Linux, and is used by most people in the world who
have a computing device. In the sense of what is in the hands of most
people, Linux won via Android.

What do you think about Chrome OS. I'm using a Chromebook right now because I'm away from home where all my Windows, Linux, Android and BSD computers are. sniff I miss them. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Chrome Monster