Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair
Snit Snit is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 6/21/15, 6:22 PM, in article , "Chris Ahlstrom"
wrote:

rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

On 06/21/2015 03:59 PM, Tomas wrote:
For example, you have never had a call asking how to connect an iPod
to Linux, sync, tag etc like iTunes does?

The only Apple product I've ever owned is an iPod Shuffle that my boss
gave me one Christmas. I seldom use it but last week I decided to charge
it up and use it for a bike ride. When I plugged it into the USB port on
a SuSE 13.2 box it asked me if I wanted to synchronize it.

When I got it I rapidly found out it didn't appear as a mass storage
device like my other MP3 players, so I had to install iTunes on a
Windows laptop. What a joy that was to use that completely unintuitive
pile of dung.

Yeah, iTunes is pretty crappy. It'll get the job done if you stick with it,
and don't mind accidentally wiping out all your tunes now and then.

Wiping out? What?

--
* Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE
* Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs? http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA