Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 06/21/2015 05:41 PM, Snit wrote:
I used to do the same thing - I live in a neighborhood of many older
families (though also others) and offer free tech support. Went through a
fair amount of time when many computers, for whatever reason, where having
significant issues (maybe tied to when Vista was popular...

Using Vista and popular in the same sentence is a stretch. We had a
Vista machine so we could certify our products would run on it but afaik
not one of our clients ever went to Vista. They ran XP until the
hardware died and went to 7. Windows 8 was about the same and there is
scepticism about Windows 10 in the professional community. Let the home
users get sucked into it, see how much is broken, and then maybe migrate
in a year or two.